Cheers for Charities
What's better than volunteering? How about volunteering in your pajamas? The Voice of the Blue Ridge is a non-profit organization who provides services to meet the needs of the blind, visually impaired and others with print handicaps.
"An original partner with WVTF public radio, VOBR helps to fund the Radio Reading Service which airs daily on a hidden portion of the station’s signal. Listeners require a subcarrier receiver in order to access the signal. (VOBR provides these special radios on permanent loan to qualified individuals.)
Every day of the year listeners can enjoy spoken content from a mix of readings from current national newspapers and magazines with a variety of local publications - thanks to volunteer readers. VOBR is always looking for volunteers. Keep in mind that reading aloud is WAY different than reading to yourself so they have a little test on their website to see how you do. (www.vobr.org)." (Valley Blend Magazine)
And in case you can't volunteer for them directly, there are lots of other ways to help out!
Raffle items will include:
- $25 gift certificate to Brambleton Deli
- Claire V Bag
- Diva pedicure at Polished
- 4 tickets to WWE Raw at Salem Civic Center
- Tanglewood Auto Wash gift card
- Kroger gift card
- Pair of tickets to see MADONNA at Verizon Center in DC!
- 4 passes and free appetizers to Star City Comedy Club at 202 Market, Sept 15
- One month of unlimited classes at Just Dance Roanoke (valued at $40)
- A pair of tickets to the Al Pollard Memorial Foundation Gala (valued at $100)