In our latest column of The Flavor, we interviewed with Our Daily Bread Bakery & Bistro's Chef Zeisler. (Read the interview here.) He supplied us with a tasty recipe for sweet crepes. The great thing about crepes is they are versatile - you can also easily switch them out to make them savory! Here's his recipe.
- 10 oz. all-purpose wheat flour (about 1.25 cups)
- 1.5 tsp salt
- 24 oz. whole milk
- 5 large eggs
- 4 oz. melted butter
- Sift the dry ingredients together.
- Combine the milk, eggs, and vanilla in a blender and mix together.
- Add the dry ingredients and blend.
- While blender is on, pour the melted butter into the batter.
- Once mixed, ladle batter into hot pan.
- Tilt the pan with a circular motion so that the batter covers the entire surface of the pan.
- Cook the crepe for about 2 minutes, until the bottom is light brown. Loosen with a spatula, turn and cook the other side. Serve hot.
- Top with a savory mushroom cream sauce and/or any other toppings you’d like to try!
Makes approximately 8 crepes.