A fluffy, tasty cake that doesn't require baking? Count me in!
The other week, a friend told me about this amazing eclair cake she'd had. When I confessed I'd never tried eclair cake (nor had my husband), she was surprised enough to tell me I had to fix that problem and fast!
So when I found this recipe on Pinterest, I knew I could give it a go. Five ingredients are simple enough and this cake truly does taste like a sweet, pillowy eclair. It's going to be a huge hit at family gatherings from now on!
The photo doesn't do this easy eclair cake justice! (Forgive me for the quick shot taken with my iPhone. It's a bit of a mess, but the flavor is great!)
- 2 small (3.4 oz) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 can of chocolate frosting
- 1 tub (8 oz) of whipped topping (cool whip)
- 2 cups of milk
- Approximately 1 package of graham crackers
- Mix the pudding mix, whipped topping and 2 cups of milk in a bowl until combined. Fold in it rather than whip and just make sure it's mixed well.
- Layer graham crackers on the bottom of a 9x13" baking pan.
- Top with a layer of the pudding mix (maybe a third of the mixture)
- Lay down another layer of crackers on top of that.
- Repeat the layers until you are out of pudding.
- Microwave the can of frosting in 30 second intervals until it is melted and runny
- Pour the melted frosting onto the top layer of pudding.
- Refrigerate overnight for best results. (If you can't stand the wait, you can dip graham crackers in milk before layering like I did.)
Enjoy and refrigerate leftovers! (Though I don't think you'll have those for long!)