It’s true what the commercials say. “Having a baby changes everything.” It changes your routine. It changes your sleep patterns (I am one tired mama!). And it changes your perspective on life. She’s only been in our lives a short eight months, but Sydney has brought us more joy than we could ever possibly imagine.
She makes me smile everyday, and there are so many little moments that have warmed my heart that I hope I never forget them:
- The way she looks up at us when we sing “You Are My Sunshine” to her every night before she goes to sleep.
- Games of Peek-a-Boo.
- The big grin she gives me when I get her out of bed in the mornings.
- How she waves her arms and kicks her legs excitedly when Tim and I come home from work.
- The twinkle in her eyes when her Grammie sings to her.
- When she sleepily lays her head on my shoulder after her nighttime feeding.
- Discovering something that will make her laugh. She has the best giggle!
- The first time she reached out for me to pick her up.
- How excited she gets about bath time and splashes the water all over the floor.
The list goes on, and as she grows it will probably become a whole book! This is only the beginning…