For Mother’s Day, my husband Tim took over in the kitchen and made me a special breakfast…so sweet! And he did something that I’ve never done: made pancakes from scratch.
But these were no ordinary pancakes. No, these were taken to a whole new level thanks to yummy blueberries mixed into the batter and a cheesecake-like topping. He really knocked it out of the park with this one! I just might have to get him to cook more often. Thank you, Tim for an incredible Mother’s Day!
Blueberry Cheesecake Pancakes (adapted from this recipe)
- 3 oz. cream cheese, softened
- ¾ cup whipped topping
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- ½ cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1 Tbl. sugar
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- ½ tsp. baking soda
- ¼ tsp. salt
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 ¼ cup buttermilk
- ¼ cup butter, melted
- 1 cup blueberries, plus additional for garnish
- maple syrup
- In small bowl, beat cream cheese and whipped topping until smooth. Chill until serving.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, graham cracker crumbs, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- In a separate bowl, combine eggs, buttermilk and butter. Add to dry ingredients until just moistened. Fold in blueberries.
- Pour batter by ¼ cupfuls onto a greased, hot griddle (medium high). Turn when bubbles form on top. Cook until second side is golden brown.
- Spread topping over pancakes. Top with warm syrup and more blueberries, if desired.