I love biscuits of any kind. Sweet, savory, filled with yummy goodness like apple butter or eggs or sausage. And of course, ham. The following recipe is great for parties, family gatherings or even just a weeknight dinner. They’re called ham biscuits, but the bread is actually Hawaiian rolls, which gives the miniature sandwiches a nice hint of sweet to balance out the salty ham. Melty, gooey Swiss cheese makes them extra delicious. And you can’t go wrong when a recipe calls for butter, either. Yum!
- 1 package Hawaiian rolls
- 1 stick butter, softened
- 1 ½ Tbl. poppy seeds
- 1 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 1 ½ Tbl. Dijon mustard
- 1-2 Tbl. grated onion
- ¼ – ½ pound thinly sliced ham
- ¼ pound Swiss cheese
- Preheat oven to 400°. Slice open each roll and place bottom half in sheet pan.
- Combine butter with next 4 ingredients and spread on inside of top and bottom of rolls.
- Layer ham and cheese on bottom half, replace top half of rolls and wrap in foil.
Bake 15 minutes or until cheese melts. Serve warm.