- 1 pound almond paste
- 1 ounce granulated sugar
- 8 ounces butter, room temperature
- 6 eggs
- 6 tablespoons all purpose flour
- 1/4 cup seedless raspberry jam
- Preheat oven to 350°. Prepare a cookie sheet (approximately 17″x12″) with parchment paper and lightly grease or pan spray.
- Place almond paste and sugar in a mixing bowl. Using the paddle attachment for a standing mixer or heavy metal beaters for a hand-held mixer, mix until almond paste is broken into small pieces or a paste.
- Slowly add butter and continue to mix. Scrape the bowl often. Ensure there are no lumps before adding eggs.
- Add eggs one at a time scraping bowl well after each egg.
- Add flour and mix until incorporated.
- Bake until biscuit is lightly golden on the edges and begins to pull from the edge of the pan.
- Let cool. Cut 18 circles approximately 2 1/2 inches in diameter (3 per dessert)
- Spread jam thinly between the two layers and on top of the third layer. Set aside.
Meal type: dessert
Culinary tradition: USA (General)
My rating: 5 stars