Nancy H. Agee, the Chair for this year’s Heart Walk and CEO and President of Carilion Clinic, leads area companies, organizations, and families on a heart-healthy four mile walk along the Greenway in support of the American Heart Association’s lifesaving research and programs aimed at reducing heart disease and stroke in our community.
• Wellness Expo with free health screenings & educational information booths
• Kids Zone featuring face painting and balloon artist
• Tribute Wall honoring loved ones lost to heart diseases and stroke
• Free lunch provided by Subway
• Heart disease and stroke survivors wearing red caps leading the walk
• Company & Community walk teams sporting team T-shirts
• Musical entertainment
The Roanoke Heart Walk is designed to bring public awareness to physical activity and a heart-healthy lifestyle, while at the same time raising the critical dollars needed to fund the life-saving mission of the American Heart Association. Walkers from all over the region come out to support the fight against our nation’s No. 1 and No. 4 causes of death – heart disease and stroke.